Since the establishment of the Institute of Experimental Cardiology in 1981, along with studies of the pathogenetic mechanisms of the development of cardiovascular diseases, the Institute has been developing new drugs, medical devices and technologies.
1981, M.I. Titov and Zh.D. Bespalova received the USSR State Prize for the work in the field of synthesis, study of the properties and organization of production of Peptide Bioregulators.
1982, the Lenin Prize was awarded for the creation of the Streptodecase fibrinolytic drug (E.I. Chazov, V.N. Smirnov, V.P. Torchilin)
1983, the highly active peptide drug Dalargin (M.I. Titov, Zh.D. Bespalova) was synthesized, which is used to treat peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum and acute pancreatitis.
1985, the Lenin Komsomol Prize was awarded for the work “New approaches to the treatment of the refractory heart failure” (M.Yu. Menshikov, V.Yu. Mareev, F.T. Ageev, P.V. Avdonin).
1987, the State Prize was awarded to L.V. Rozenshtrauh, A.S.Smetnev, E.P. Anyukhovsky and V.M. Chikhirev for creating drugs for the prevention and treatment of arrhythmias (Etmozin and Etatsizin).
1987, the Gold Medal of VDNH of the USSR was awarded for the development of Sorbents (S.N. Pokrovsky).
1995, a new thrombolytic recombinant Prourokinase (R.Sh. Bibilashvili) was created.
2000, the State Prize for the creation of Phosphazide was awarded for the creation of a new drug for the treatment of AIDS in humans (R.Sh. Bibilashvili).
2000, a prize of the Government of Russian Federation was awarded for the elaboration of modern Hemapheresis technologies in the prevention and treatment of pathological conditions in clinical medicine (V.V. Kukharchuk, S.N. Pokrovsky, G.A. Konovalov et al.).
2002, a new thrombolytic drug Gemaza was developed, which is widely used in ophthalmology (R.Sh. Bibilashvili).
2003, a new recombinant fibrin-specific thrombolytic drug Purolaza was created, successfully used to treat myocardial infarction (R.Sh. Bibilashvili).
2003, the State Prize was awarded for the creation of the antiarrhythmic drug Nibentan (S.P. Golitsin, L.V. Rozenshtrauh, M.Y. Ruda, E.I. Chazov).
2005, a new highly effective antihypertensive drug was registered as Oxaсom (A.F. Vanin, V.I. Lozinsky, V.I. Kapelko), which is now investigated in the phase III clinical trials.
2005, the original antithrombotic drug Monafram (ruciromab), the first Russian antiplatelet drug from the platelet IIb-IIIa glycoprotein inhibitors and the first Russian drug based on monoclonal antibodies that was approved for clinical practice (A.V. Mazurov, T.N. Vlasik, D.V. Pevzner, I.I. Staroverov, M.Y. Ruda), and is successfully used for the prevention of thrombosis in coronary angioplasty with a high risk of thrombotic complications.
2008, a universal platform for the synthesis of highly specific affinity sorbents for therapeutic apheresis was developed (S.N. Pokrovsky).
2009, a new anti-inflammatory drug Ingramon was created (T.L.Krasnikova, Zh.P. Bespalova), the Ingramon-Depo is being developed now (T.I. Arefieva, M.V. Sidorova, M.V. Ovchinnikov), its clinical trials will be conducted in the Department of Outpatient Diagnostic and Treatment Technologies under the guidance of F.T. Ageev and A.G. Ovchinnikov.
2012, a new original antiarrhythmic drug Refralon was created (S.P. Golitsin, L.V. Rozenshtrauh) for the pharmacological treatment of atrial fibrillation and flutter of various etiologies and forms (paroxysmal, persistent, permanent). The drug has no analogues in the world, surpasses all available foreign (dofetilide, sotalol) and Russian (nibentan) class III antiarrhythmic drugs in the ability to prevent and suppress atrial fibrillation, and is not inferior to cardioversion in the effectiveness of stopping atrial fibrillation. A tablet form of Refralon has been created for the prevention of atrial fibrillation, which undergoes clinical trials.
Since 2012, clinical trials of genetically engineered drugs Upicor and Corvian (E.V. Parfenova, V.A. Tkachuk, Yu.A. Karpov) have been conducted for the treatment of critical lower limb ischemia.
Currently, new drugs are being developed: endothelioprotector for reperfusion tissue damage, decongestant PIK-7 (V.P. Shirinsky, M.V. Sidorova, V.I. Kapelko, O.I. Pisarenko, E.V. Parfenova ), peptide modulators for the treatment of heart failure Methilin and Galanin (O.I. Pisarenko, V.I. Kapelko, M.V. Sidorova), a genetically engineered drug for the treatment of acute and chronic thrombosis Plasmin (R.Sh. Bibilashvili), aptamer RE31-PEG to prevent venous thrombosis (A.V. Dobrovolsky, A.V. Mazurov). The laboratory of drug toxicology (E.V. Arzamastsev) takes an active part in the development of drugs and the preclinical assessment of their safety (prourokinase, Refralon, Upicor, Oxaсom, Ingramon-Depo, PIK-7, Methylin, Plasmin, aptamer RE31-PEG).
In addition, diagnostic test systems have been created:
Existing Laboratory Prototypes:
- Identification of proteins modified with malondialdehyde and methylglyoxal (E.E. Efremov, S.P. Domogatsky)
- Quantitative determination of fibronectin (E.E. Efremov, S.P. Domogatsky)
- Test system for diagnosing the disorders of cell hemostasis (Z. A. Gabbasov)
- ELISA for the quantitative determination of lipoprotein (a) (S.N. Pokrovsky)
- Quantitative determination of urokinase (E.E. Efremov, S.P. Domogatsky)
- A patent has been obtained and a device has been introduced into the production for determining the number of particles of biological media and their speed distribution (E.G. Popov, I.Yu. Gavrilov, E.V. Limonov, A.V. Vorshev)
- A patent was obtained and an optical analysis method for platelet aggregation was introduced into production (EG Popov, EE Popov, AV Nesterov)
Test Systems under Development:
- Determination of autoantibodies to the muscarinic receptor (E.E. Efremov, S.P. Domogatsky)
- Quantitative determination of NT-proBNP (E.E. Efremov, S.P. Domogatsky)
- Quantitative determination of sST2 (E.E. Efremov, S.P. Domogatsky)
- Quantitative determination of von Willebrand factor (Z. A. Gabbasov)
- Quantitative determination of trypsin inhibitor (E.E. Efremov, S.P. Domogatsky)
Biomedical cell products that have completed the experimental development stage:
- Based on autologous cells of cardiospheres and mesenchymal stromal cells of adipose tissue for cell therapy of heart failure (E.V. Parfenova)
- Based on genetically modified adipose tissue mesenchymal stromal cells for the production of angiogenic factors and the treatment of lower limb ischemia (E.V. Parfenova)
- Tissue-engineered constructions for cardiomyoplasty based on sheets from various progenitor cells (E.V. Parfenova)
Based on the secretion products of mesenchymal stromal cells of the umbilical cord (Y.A. Romanov, E.V. Parfenova)
Sorbents for Medicine and Biotechnology
- Sorbents for removal: atherogenic lipoproteins and for specific removal of lipoprotein (a) in patients with impaired lipid metabolism; immunoglobulins in patients with autoimmune diseases and dilated cardiomyopathy (S.N. Pokrovsky)
Functional Diagnostic Methods
Hardware-software complex for polysomnography: registration of EEG, ECG, respiration, SaO2 with synchronous video recording (A.V. Nesterov, I.Yu. Gavrilov); the device is introduced into the production.
Method for assessing local vascular and nervous activity using a harmonic bioimpedance analysis (S.V. Revenko); now is evaluated in clinical trials.
A method for assessing autonomic disorders of the pelvic organs using a harmonic analysis of electrical activity in the pelvic region (S.V. Revenko, I.Yu. Gavrilov); now is evaluated in clinical trials.