Laboratory of Experimental Pharmacology was founded in 2017.
Main areas of research
• Investigation of the mechanisms of antioxidant defence of the myocardium and the brain against ischemia and reperfusion
• Analysis of the role of microbiota in maintenance of the antioxidant status of the organism by the molecular hydrogen
• The search of the preventive effects on the microbiom function for increasing its cardioprotective and neuroprotective effects
Main Results and current activities
• Review has been published concerning negative effects of trans isomers of fatty acids on the main functions of the cardio-vascular system. Currently series of experiments on Wistar, SHR and Wistar-Kyoto rats are performing on the effects of different lipids in the diet on the lipids profile in the blood, weight and the ability of microbiota to generate molecular hydrogen which provides antioxidant effect.
• In cooperation with the Association of Medicne and Analytics (Saint Petersburg) we develop new device with electronic sensor for measuring the content of hydrogenium in the breath air in humans and laboratory animals.